Do you like to know what does ‘Pax’ mean? The term Pax has different meanings but when it comes to fields like hotel, rent, airlines or tourism, it has only one meaning.
The abbreviation of P.A.X is “Person Amount X”.
The X = Number of persons/people, who are the clients in the business. The term has originated in the traveling industry in the early 1990s. Then it has also started to be used in hospitals and other fields of business.
Pax definition in various industries
The meaning of Pax slightly differs depends upon the field in which it is being used. Below you can see them.
- The meaning of pax in English (general conversation): Person.
- Per pax meaning in hotels and hotel industry: Per guest / per client / per occupant. I want to book a room for 2 pax. Meaning – I want to book a hotel room for two people.
- Pax meaning in Tourism: Tourist / Traveller.
- What does pax mean in Latin: Peace in English.
- What does Pax stand for in aviation?: Passengers / persons.
- Pax meaning in Airlines: Passenger. Example – There are 224 pax on the airplane. Meaning – There are 224 passengers traveling on the aeroplane.
- Pax meaning in Hindi: Shaanti (means peace in English).
- What does pax mean in rent?: “Per Annum Exclusive”. Meaning, it does not include the cost of service charge, tax rates, business rates, insurance, utility costs, etc. You may have to pay them additionally.
- Pax means in travel: Traveler.
- Pax meaning in hospital: Patient.
- What does pax mean in catering: Clients / people.
- No of pax means: Number of people / Number of persons / Number of clients.
Hope you have understood the definition of the term P.A.X in various fields. If you have any further doubts then please ask us below.